RE: [DML] Google Street View and Deloreans

RE: [DML] Google Street View and Deloreans

In August 2008 I noticed the temp was rising fast on my coolant, but I
was only about half a mile from home.  I really needed to get home so I
tried to make it, trying to balance time against temperature rise.   Two
blocks from home I lost the battle and warped the heads.

My stupidity has been documented on google street view.  Not the
steaming dead hulk, but the aftermath.  On a Saturday afternoon several
weeks later I was working to repair the damage with my D in the garage,
door open for light and to let more blistering heat in.

A creepy black van with a protrusion on the top came cruising slowly
down the street and caught my eye.  I thought little of it at the time,
but when google street view came on line I found a shot with me working
in the shadowy garage re-installing one of the repaired heads.  Only a
blur of the rear fascia appears, but I know all too well what I was
doing that day, and why I had ended up doing it.

Anyone who actually wants to see the image,  send me an email.

Tom

TTait(at)brcweb.com

PS  - Cylinder Head Exchange (818) 364-2371 did a great job rebuilding
my heads for $260 total.  I told the guy they were Volvo to keep things
simple, he said no, not Volvo, some other PRV - then guessed Delorean...
At that point I knew I had found the right shop.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)