[DML] Re: Heating system question

Well, after a little bit of help, research and realization - if the mark after the "100 degree" mark on the temp gauge is 160, then my car only runs at about 120-140 because it runs between the 100 mark and the second mark. The more I think about it, I realize that in the summer it runs more or less between the 220 and 160 mark. I guess it's safe to say I have a bad stat? I have an infrared temp reader I'll use just to be sure there is no peculiarities with the gauge. I'm pretty sure my hoses are routed correctly I remember checking them when the frame was going back in my car long ago but I'll check those again as well. The water valve is fine, been replaced about 4-5 years ago and that was the first thing I checked. And the foam is there, I had to fix that one when I first got the car and put a new evaporator in - back when they cost upwards of $400 bucks! Thank you guys so much for the help, I'll post and let you know how it turns out. So I suppose I'm on my way to the parts store, and preparing for a weekend of coolant spills and beer -----Dani B. #5003                HAPPY NEW YEAR!-----

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)