Re: [DML] Auto Transmission Seal and Filter Kit.

Re: [DML] Auto Transmission Seal and Filter Kit.

Hi Gary:

I'm the guy who designed and builds the "plug and play" AT Governor
Computer, and yes, you can buy them through John at SpecialTAuto. The
governor is built from all new parts, and improves on the design in a few
key places. If you install it, it should last for the life of the car, as
the way it is mounted in the engine compartment negates most vibrations, and
the use of solid state relays inside keeps it from overheating. Also the PC
board is new and high quality, so there should be no trace delaminating over
time (but I have only been using mine for a bit less than two years now) I
stand behind the Governors 100%. If you have any specific questions, please
ask!

By the way, I have been working with the Delorean AT extensively for a few
years now, and judging from your description, the Governor Computer is
definitely the problem. Please note too, that if you do buy my plug and play
unit, you will not have to disassemble your transmission at all. The new
governor is wired into the cable that leads to the AT Governor plug block
that is mounted on the back wall of the engine compartment. The old broken
original governor stays put, but is rendered inactive by the new one.

---Jeff---
VIN 3034

Jeff Angwin
VIN 3034

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Gary Barrett <barr5930@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I haven't
> bought a govoner computer for my tranny yet, but i'm almost positive thats
> what it is. It stays in second gear all the time, i thought that maybe my
> tranny was shot but i pulled the auto tranny fuse and it shifted into third
> and stayed there so i'm pretty sure all my gears are still there.
>
> Gary
> VIN#4097

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional