Re: [DML] DOA - Just a few thoughts...

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, deloreanernst@... wrote:

> In a message dated 10/22/2009 3:52:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> welmoedj@... writes:
>
> If you  want to know what's going on, get yourself elected into the board!
> Then you  will know it all and may begin to understand why not all is into
> the  open.>>
>
> Good idea. Until recently, you had to be able to attend monthly meetings in
>  California IN PERSON to be a board member. That had the effect of limiting
> board  membership to a small handful rotating in and out... or staying in
> forever, and  all dominated by One particular vendor.
> All best wishes to Josh. He is well respected and capable and asked for
> input. I hope he succeeds. His job would be a lot easier, not if nobody  asked
> questions, but if the Old Regime had not been so toxic.
>

> Wayne A.  Ernst
> vin  11174
> DMCTech
> http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/DMCTech/

Our DCN club consists of Dutch and Belgian members.
When I started to get elected for office I - like politicians often do - selected some running mates. One of them is a Belgian and also got elected as was the other Dutchman.

We only meet once or twice a year. For the other board meetings we use the phone and e-mail. Saves a lot of time as we don't have to travel. Nowadays a phone conference also is an option. When using Skype that's without any charges if all are at their computers.
So a board doesn't actually have to have its members close to "home", they even can be at the other side of the world.

Welmoed.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: