[DML] Marketing Price Points

If you ever watched Billy Mays and his infomercials the final price was never in doubt---it always came down to $20. Maybe it started at $150 but before the "call now" number flashed it would be $20. Before there were other options I belonged to the DOA for several years just to get DeLorean World. At $70 per year the price point was above my limit but I bought anyway because there was not another option for a magazine. Once DCS and deloreans were published I dropped out of the DOA because I had other options closer to my idea of a price point. My price point for an automotive magazine is in the $30 to $40  range. I now suscribe to deloreans and also am a member of AACA. AACA has a quality publication and membership is $35 per year. My price point preferance is totally arbitrary and not based on facts. I just have a price in mind as to what I will spend on a car magazine. When it comes to a DeLorean publication, I will probably only buy one.
 Currently I suscribe to deloreans and am very satisfied with the content. I wish Josh well and hope the DOA rises again. Even though one DeLorean publication is enough to satisfy my interests, I would rejoin the DOA if dues were in the $30 to $40 range. I know the DOA is more than a magazine but that is about all I expect from my membership.  Good luck Josh. Rod 10921

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)