From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Michael Substelny
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 5:01 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [DML] DOA/DCS

I *like* the DOA. For years I was its biggest proponent on the DML and I
am pleased to see so many DMLers take an interest and jump to its
defense.  Bravo.

I agree that the cost of magazines is part of the DOA's dues, but that
cannot be the whole explanation.

There are certainly bigger membership pools for the Studebaker and
Porsche marquees, but what about Bricklin?  There is no mathematical
reason for the DOA to be so much more expensive than the Bricklin
International Owner's Group.  And Brickline magazine is (supposedly) a
quarterly publication.

- Mike Substelny
  VIN 1280

[moderator snip]