Re: [DML] Re: New DOA President & Vice-President

Re: [DML] Re: New DOA President & Vice-President

Harold,

You are correct in the DOA has nothing to offer ME.  As I said before, I speak only for myself.

As for not wanting to be a DOA member, I don't think I said that.  If they have something to offer ME at a reasonable cost (good value), I will join.

Lots of great organizations have come and gone.  There may have been a time the DOA (as it is) had value, but that was because owners had little or no alternative.  I believe past officers of the DOA have been well compensated for their efforts, and therefore continued the "old ways" in hopes to continue getting the last drop of those benefits.

I hardly think asking Josh to address some questions from last year can be qualified as "harassment".  Josh seemed to have no problem answering them as best he could, and I have every expectation that as time progresses he will provide us all with more information.

And you should know, I have plenty of experience volunteering for the DeLorean community, even if I disagree with specific aspects.  Did I mention all of my work for DCS 50 times yet??  The positive suggestions I have made in the past few days have been drowned out by the continuous personal attacks.  So pile on Harold, not like I have ever done anything for your benefit either, right?  I'm the stupid one I guess, because I continue to donate my time and energy to the community, yet have to continue to defend myself against "pushy self righteous know-it-alls".

--- On Tue, 10/20/09, Harold <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Marc
>
> You should phrase it correctly - DOA has nothing to offer
> YOU! - and probably isn't offering anything either. I can
> see that. However, the existing chapters of DOA are offering
> something to DeLorean members in their area. Why the
> constant harassment? You tend to be critical of DOA and you
> don't want belong???
>
> I doubt seriously if you have any appreciation for what DOA
> did for the DeLorean community in the beginning and for many
> of the early years (they had to deal with their share of
> pushy self righteous know-it-alls then too). Communication
> and information access has definitely changed the landscape
> and changing with the times has been slow for the DOA. I'm
> glad to see some members making the the attempt to keep it
> vital. How about a few positive suggestions? And --- don't
> be so critical (or take it personally) when someone doesn't
> want to do it your way or let you "volunteer" to help them.
>
> Harold McElraft - 3354

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: