Re: [DML] Re: New DOA President & Vice-President
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [DML] Re: New DOA President & Vice-President



Harold,

You are correct in the DOA has nothing to offer ME.  As I said before, I speak only for myself. 

As for not wanting to be a DOA member, I don't think I said that.  If they have something to offer ME at a reasonable cost (good value), I will join.  

Lots of great organizations have come and gone.  There may have been a time the DOA (as it is) had value, but that was because owners had little or no alternative.  I believe past officers of the DOA have been well compensated for their efforts, and therefore continued the "old ways" in hopes to continue getting the last drop of those benefits.  

I hardly think asking Josh to address some questions from last year can be qualified as "harassment".  Josh seemed to have no problem answering them as best he could, and I have every expectation that as time progresses he will provide us all with more information.

And you should know, I have plenty of experience volunteering for the DeLorean community, even if I disagree with specific aspects.  Did I mention all of my work for DCS 50 times yet??  The positive suggestions I have made in the past few days have been drowned out by the continuous personal attacks.  So pile on Harold, not like I have ever done anything for your benefit either, right?  I'm the stupid one I guess, because I continue to donate my time and energy to the community, yet have to continue to defend myself against "pushy self righteous know-it-alls".



--- On Tue, 10/20/09, Harold <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Marc
> 
> You should phrase it correctly - DOA has nothing to offer
> YOU! - and probably isn't offering anything either. I can
> see that. However, the existing chapters of DOA are offering
> something to DeLorean members in their area. Why the
> constant harassment? You tend to be critical of DOA and you
> don't want belong???
> 
> I doubt seriously if you have any appreciation for what DOA
> did for the DeLorean community in the beginning and for many
> of the early years (they had to deal with their share of
> pushy self righteous know-it-alls then too). Communication
> and information access has definitely changed the landscape
> and changing with the times has been slow for the DOA. I'm
> glad to see some members making the the attempt to keep it
> vital. How about a few positive suggestions? And --- don't
> be so critical (or take it personally) when someone doesn't
> want to do it your way or let you "volunteer" to help them.
> 
> Harold McElraft - 3354
> 


      


------------------------------------

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnewsYahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
    mailto:dmcnews-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive