[DML] Re: DMCH Budget Restoration Program

[DML] Re: DMCH Budget Restoration Program

You don't necessarily have to replace interior parts. I have had very good results with Plasitcolor's spray dyes for the vinyl parts and Leatherique's dye for the leather. A cracked binnacle can be fixed with filler and sprayed with vinyl dye. Not perfect but can be done to come out nicely. Keep track of your costs, try to use as many used (but serviceable) parts as you can to keep the costs down. Have fun on your project!
David Teitelbaum

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mike Polzin <mikepolzin@...> wrote:

> Dave, yes this was the program I was referencing. Unfortunately the parts on this list are DMCH parts only, mainly a load of interior parts that were cooked to death in the Mississippi sun for the last 13 years on my newest project.
>
> However if anyone on the list has any good condition, grey interior parts, let me know, I need almost everything except the two drivers side knee pads.
>
> I'll also be starting up a blog on this restoration, its my 5th restoration, and its  a big one so I figured others might be interested in following the progress of this one. I'll be tacking a few projects I've never tried before, including re-graining an entire car because someone painted it. I have my work cut out for me on this one, it needed someone who was willing to give it a ton of TLC to get it back on the road. The fun is just begining... wait till you see thie pictures of this one! The good news, is the frame is solid.
>
> Mike

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: