[DML] Re: DOA (my ideas too )

Josh..

Thanks for the reply.  If you can reinvent the DOA as you describe below it would be very refreshing and go a long way to rebuilding the community.. Your doing a great job taking the time to answer all the posts.

Good luck on the 15th..  Make it happen!

Randal

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Josh Haldeman" <jhaldeman@...> wrote:

> Hi Randal,
>

> See my previous posts concerning some of these issues.  The plan I'm working
> on developing, as our strategic plan forward has nothing to do with the
> history of the DOA, because frankly, I have nothing to do with the history
> of the DOA other than volunteering to redo their website a few months back.
>

> I would like to see the content of "deloreans" magazine discontinue about as
> much as I want to see it discontinue from "DCS Magazine", or for that matter
> "Gullwing".  The idea here is to role all the magazines into one, which the
> community has been asking for, for years.  This hopefully will continue to
> provide the entire community with everything that has been offered all along
> in all the publications, but without having to go broke paying subscription
> fees.
>

> As I see it, The DOA's unique marketing position is that we are an
> independent organization that can provide information, support and services
> to the entire community, if properly run.  I like the idea of making
> membership free!  What if you could subscribe to DeLorean World separately
> from having membership in the DOA?  What if membership automatically
> included a condensed online/pdf version of DeLorean World, but we'd still
> have a printed version available for those who want it?  Just ideas, of
> course, and just a small part of the entire plan I will assemble following
> our November 15th meeting.
>

> Transparency is high on my list of goals.  There is no reason for the DOA to
> hide it's financials or membership numbers from anyone.  It doesn't benefit
> anybody to keep it hidden.  Especially not the DOA.  At the board meeting, I
> plan to propose that we make this information publicly available, though our
> website and magazine.  I need the Boards support for that, but I don't think
> that will be an issue.
>

> I am now President of the DOA.  I am also an unpaid volunteer for DCS.  I
> don't plan on changing how I support Ken because of my involvement with the
> DOA, so in Lexington, you will see me running around like a chicken with my
> head cut off, just like you have at every show since Cleveland.  Las Vegas
> was an exception, primarily because of the unbelievable support of the AZ-D!
> You guys are fantastic!  Every time I offered my services to run errands, or
> find people, or help with registration it was already done!  You better
> believe I support recognizing and empowering local clubs, and making sure
> they are well supported at the national level.
>

> -Josh

[moderator snip]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional