[DML] Re: Delorean custom wheels project

[DML] Re: Delorean custom wheels project

I hope there are enough pre-orders for Welmoed's Wheels this time.

This is really a great time to own a DeLorean.

One can choose between wheel types or have a car for each type (not that you would, but you could).

Type 1: Early Casting with thinner hub section.

Type 2: Later Casting with thicker hub section.

Type 3: Early or Later Casting with a Machined Finish from DeLorean Motor Company (Texas).

Type 4: Welmoed Wheel, looks like the original production wheel design, but is a +2 wheel option. Ready for 205/45R16 FRONT and 255/45R17 REAR - www.deloreancarprojects.com/Custom%20Wheels/wheelsmainflash.html

Type 5: DeLorean Motor Company (Texas) Wheel, is an evolution design "inspired" by the original production wheel, but is a +3 wheel option. Ready for 195/40R17 or 205/40R17 FRONT and 255/40R18 REAR - www.facebook.com/deloreanmotorcompany?ref=mf#/album.php?aid=110408&id=22163434400&ref=mf

While I do like the looks of the +3 option provided by DeLorean Motor Company (Texas). I prefer the looks of the original design, but in the +2 option that Welmoed is doing. Cheers to them both, there is plenty of room in the DeLorean Community for wheel options. It's what allows owners of cars that would otherwise look the same, to set themselves apart. Also, it is important to consider that a 45% aspect ratio will provide the better combination of both ride comfort and handling performance.

Right now, I'm on the pre-order list for Welmoed's +2 Wheels, but who knows, in a few years I may want to also have a +3 DMC Evolution (or whatever they plan to call it) set from DMCH.

Thank you,
Ben Ferguson
Mesa, AZ
VIN's 6477 (later casting wheels) & 10365 (early casting wheels) I swaped them. I like the look of the early castings better.
captain_hydrogen(at)yahoo.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Craig fleishauer <flyswater0@...> wrote:

> The deadline for new interest in the wheels ended sept 30. any results

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)