Re: [DML] DeLorean Tire Options for Stock Wheel Sizes

Re: [DML] DeLorean Tire Options for Stock Wheel Sizes

As I have posted before, there is also a new option in terms of tires
besides the Cooper Cobras,  a sub company of Cooper called Mastercraft
offers Mastercraft Avenger GT tires that are a matching set at both the
front and rear tire size.  The reviews people have posted said that it is a
very good all around tire.

-Steve Cosgrove
Vin 1494

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 1:10 PM, captain_hydrogen <captainhydrogen@xxxxxxx>wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I was just reminiscing about the time when one could browse to
> www.tirerack.com, do a search for DeLorean tires and get about 4 - 5
> options. This seems like it was only a few years ago, but now there are no
> matching sets.
>
> With that in mind I was trying to recall all of the former matching tire
> sets ignoring the presence or absence of white lettering and this is the
> list I have so far:
>
> BFGoodrich Radial T/A
> Dunlop GT Qualifier T
> Firestone Firehawk INDY 500 with Uni-T
> Michelin Pilot XGT H4
> Yokohama AVS Intermediate
>
> I am ignoring the original BF Goodrich NCT tires because they haven't been
> available for years, plus they were a crappy tire when they were new.
> Whereas the ones listed above are all good-to-great tires.
>
> Please reply to this adding any other matching tire sets that you recall? I
> have also noticed new tires that are close to matching, please add any
> series that you would like to see available to the DeLorean Community such
> as:
>
> Yokohama AVID H4S
>
> I figure that we can all pick a few from this list and possibly organize a
> petition to get them to reissue a tire they already have the tooling for,
> then maybe the community will have an available matching set.
>
> Additionally, I am looking at +0 tire sizes that would work with the stock
> DeLorean wheels. Here is what I have compiled thus far:
>
> STOCK 14/15
> ***** Tire Size Diameter in Inches
> FRONT 195/60R14 23.21
> REAR 235/60R15 26.10
>
> STOCK WHEEL +0 TIRE OPTIONS
> ***** Tire Size Diameter Difference From Stock Diameter
> FRONT 205/55R14 22.88 -0.33 Requires Spacers, may need speedo calibration,
> Currently on David Watts' car
> FRONT 215/55R14 23.31 0.10 Requires Spacers, may need speedo calibration
>
> REAR 245/60R15 26.57 0.47 Currently on Gary Adams' car
> REAR 255/55R15 26.04 -0.06 Numerically Optimum, but size doesn't exist
> REAR 265/50R15 25.43 -0.67 Smaller diameter made for quicker launches and
> higher highway rpm, was installed on Ryan Gould's car
> REAR 275/60R15 27.99 1.89 Way too large diameter, rubs on bumps, Currently
> on David Watts' car
> REAR 275/50R15 25.83 -0.28 Never seen it used, but could work, and David
> Watts is considering it
>
> Please add to this any additions, notes, observations, and criticisms.
>
> Thank you,
> Ben Ferguson
> Mesa, AZ
> VIN's 6477 & 10365 (selling 6477 to Scott Stricker, Little Rock, AR)
> captain_hydrogen(at)yahoo.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: