From: daveswingle2 <swingle_dmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 10:11:07 PM
Subject: [DML] Re: Driver Side Torsion Unit

My original comment was not directed at the bar or its design, it was directed at the idea of turning the bar up higher (tighter) to overcome a weak strut. Struts are cheap, torsion bars and hinges are not.

My pet peeve is cars coming in with struts date-stamped sometime in the mid-80s and the door actually works. You KNOW that torsion bar and hinge are under way too much stress.

Sorry for any confusion.

Dave s

--- In dmcnews@yahoogroups .com, Daniel Plakosh <dplakosh2@. ..> wrote:

> Martin,
>
> There could be many causes for the hinge failures (such as hinges that have voids in the metal in some spots - could be a manufacturing  defects that   got through QA). These hinges may fail regardless of which torsion bar is used. Unfortunately, I've seen many times that common sense does

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)