[DML] Re: Back to life..maybe

Sounds like since you replaced the fuel mixture unit you need to adjust the mixture screw. The motor is running too rich if the convertor glows. Could also be caused by one or more bad injectors.
David Teitelbaum

-- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "randybell" <randybell@...> wrote:

> I'm the original owner of an 81 DMC.  I stopped driving the car in 1987 with
> 12,200 miles and parked it in my garage. I have been working on getting it
> started again for the past few months by having the gas tank and fuel lines
> cleaned.  I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel regulator and some of the
> sensors.
>
> The car now starts fine when the engine is cold but doesn't after it has run a short period of time.  I noticed last night that the catalytic converter glows red hot after a few minutes of running.  I know they run hot, but not cherry red.  The O-2 sensor is close and might be affected by this. I don't know if that would cause my restart problem or not.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)