From: daviddelorean <daviddelorean@xxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2009 12:44:14 AM
Subject: [DML] Did I blow my transmision? Serious problem!

For the last few days I've noticed a roaring/whining sound when my car is in gear but not accelerating. Tonight I was having a bit of a problem changing into higher gears. The gear shifter was rough and making clanking noises when I'd throw it into 5th. Then my car was consumed in what I can only describe as an oil/rubber/chemical burning smell.

I parked the car in the garage and came back a few hours later. I couldn't even breath in the garage the stench of burning oil (or whatever) was so bad.

Looking under the car there was a gallon of (I assume) transmission fluid or oil on the floor under the engine. Whatever this liquid is, it was a steady flow drip from under the transmission gearbox casing (located just in front of the oil pan). The gearbox casing on the bottom where the seam is was saturated in it.

Did I blow my manual transmision? How bad is it?

.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: