[DML] Re: Fuel pump not working

If it turns out to be a wiring problem two of the more common things that go wrong is 1) A PO that did some "creative" wiring to get the pump to run because he did not understand the circuit and the purpose of the inertia switch and 2) the multi plug up inside the washer bottle area gets corroded. The fuel pump power and ground go through that plug. While you are working on the fuel pump circuit you may as well make sure the inertia switch has been moved to the side of the footwell and off of the Lamda counter and that the switch has a splotch of white paint on it indicating it has been replaced. Before "digging" for the multi connector verify presence (or confirm absence) of power and ground at the fuel pump.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "welmoedj" <welmoedj@...> wrote:

> The two lead connector is know to corrode.
> Suspect a bad ground as another possibility.
>
> Welmoed.
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Christopher Mack <christopher_mack@> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > A friend of mine recently got a DeLorean and we replaced the fuel pump and it is not working..  the new pump works if you apply voltage from the battery directly.  Already bypassed the rpm relay and checked the #7 fuse which was good.  The only thing I can think of is the inertia switch is stuck?  Is there anything I am missing here?  Let me know
> >
> > Thanks
> > Chris
> > VIN 6453

<*> Your email settings: