[DML] JZD article on aol

Here is an interesting one
I was reading an article on the soap box derby in Akron Ohio.
Being from Cleveland originally its a big thing up there so I read the article
Here is a part of it where they blamed John DeLorean for its demise back then

from the aol article

No, the real villain to Derby fans was John DeLorean, the new general manager of Chevrolet. On Sept. 29, 1972, he announced that the company was withdrawing its support of the Derby. "I considered it a low form of entertainment," he told the Akron Beacon Journal almost a year later. "I felt for years it had no place in contemporary America."
The cheating scandal that followed Chevy's exit, he said, "is probably the kiss of death."
Never mind that it is General Motors that just got out of bankruptcy and that DeLorean's major contribution to the auto industry was a prop for the movie 'Back to the Future.' He almost got the Derby's future right. By 1975, the Derby had $500 in its bank account and only 99 cars in the race.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)