Re: [DML] Gas leak from the accumulator hole area

Re: [DML] Gas leak from the accumulator hole area

The small steel lines under there are brake lines. It's possible that
the fuel leak is washing off a slow brake fluid leak. The fuel filter
can leak and fuel will run down the line and dust shields and drip onto
the floor just near the accumulator.

I'd highly recoomend you not drive yuor car till you work out the source
of both leaks, if indeed there are two.

Martin

yenitz wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've got a small gas leak is coming from underneath the center of the vehicle, and the best I can tell, coming out of the cubby hole area where the accumulator is mounted.
>
> However, after running the car and letting it leak, I jacked it up, slid underneath with a flashlight, and all the lines in and out of the accumulator are dry.  I dont see any noticeable gas at any of the connectors to and from the accumulator.
>
> But, there is a metal line that is visible closer to the opening of the hole that appears to be leaking something... but when I rub my gloves and paper towel over it, it appears to be oil.   The puddle on the ground is definitely gas though.  I think we all are familiar with the 87 octane that is engrained in our lungs.
>
> Anyone know what this steel line is hanging below the accumulator?  And is it a common leak point?  Sorry for the elementary questions... but trying to look up the diagrams has been a built difficult for me on this holiday weekend.
>
> Regards,
> Charlie

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional