From: David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2009 9:33:46 AM
Subject: [DML] Re: Headlight switch repairs

Without a wiring diagram of the "switch saver" I can't confirm exactly what it will do. From the name of it you would think it sets up the switch to control relays which carry the loads and there are current limiting devices to protect the switch in case something goes wrong.
The switch can still wear out mechanically just from use.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@yahoogroups .com, "Justin Mettee" <jamettee@.. .> wrote:

> David,
> I've got sidemarker LEDs, & changed the bulb inside the switch to LED, tail lights are LEDs. Also going to change all the instrument cluster lighting to LEDs. Front running lights/directionals are still bulbs. Assuming ALL of these run power through the switch, it sounds like the load decrease is good, but still highly recommended to replace with a switch saver. Can you confirm this?
>
> Justin Mettee
>
> --- In dmcnews@yahoogroups .com, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@> wrote:
> >
> > Using relays will reduce the current through the switch reducing the heat and helping the switch last a lot longer. Changing over to L.E.D.'s for the marker lights will also help a lot.
> > David Teitelbaum
> > vin 10757

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional