[DML] Re: Idle Speed ECU

The thermistor is a variable resistor, not a switch. More resistance = higher speed. If you short it out, it goes lower. Since it's warm it's already as low as it will go. Try opening up the connection and see what happens.

Sorry - I don't know the resistance values offhand. Could get it Tuesday.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft@...> wrote:

> I think I have a problem with my idle speed ECU. I works fine for normal operation however, cold idle speed increases during the winter didn't seem happen - at any low temperature - like 20F, etc. So now that things are warmer I wanted to check it - plus - with the right relay set-up I thought I could fabricate an increased idle speed when I turn on the AC.
>
> In any event, the wiring diagram indicates a simple trip of the thermistor and there should be an increased idle speed. Problem is, I can't get the ECU to increase the idle speed by simply crossing the two wires from the thermistor - which I believe is all that is required. Thus, why I believe that circuit is defective.
>
> Does anyone have a working idle speed ECU laying around that they would be willing to part with - cheap?
>
> Contact me directly via email. My address shows in my post.
>
> Harold McElraft - 3354

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: