[DML] Re: Rotting Deloreans (frame drop)

[DML] Re: Rotting Deloreans (frame drop)

Just a few more details and minor corrections...

The frame that did "fall out" of the underbody did not
actually fall ON Dave (or "on" anyone, for that matter)
but it did fall out on the 2-post lift, a few feet up.

I had directed a few helpers to "loosen" some frame bolts
but one person (KB) loosened them completely from the
front section of the frame (which was the mistake).

The center section bolts had to be cut out with a sawzall
(which I did) and the rear bolts were "loosened up" by
another helper, but were not loosened all the way.

So...when the lift went up, the front part of the rusted
chassis fell back down to the floor, with the rear section
still suspended by the "properly" lossened two rear bolts.

There are a few photos of the "aftermath" on DMCNews site.
The rusted frame was being removed so that a spare rolling
chassis could be bolted right back up in its place.

NOTE: Doing a chassis swap with a 2-post lift can be a
little challenging, especially if the space between the
two posts is too narrow to roll the chassis thru easily.

To date, I think this was the first and only chassis swap
that was ever attempted at a one day 8-hour Tech Session,
probably for good reason too.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Swingle" <swingle_dmc@...> wrote:

> The only one that ever fell on me was at a tech session where Rich W took all the bolts out without telling us (actually he thought they were just "loose".
>
> Dave S

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: