[DML] Can Fuel Injector Cleaner additive damage o-rings

[DML] Can Fuel Injector Cleaner additive damage o-rings

All

Does anyone have knowledge of Fuel Injector Cleaner additive possibly damaging the O-rings on the Primary Fuel Pressure Regulator.

A few months ago I fixed a warm start problem by replacing the 2 primary fuel pressure regulator O-rings.  The smaller O-ring had a small chunk missing which apparently was affecting my rest pressure. Well, the problem returned and I found the same thing, a small chunk missing from the smaller O-ring.  The only thing I can think of is I put in some Fuel injector additive about a month ago.

Some side info to ponder.  I did not use anything to lubricate the O-rings when istalling, I was concerned with it causing a clog down the line and felt the fuel should act as a natural lubricant when installing.

Could there be a metal burr or something in the fuel distributor that is damaging the O-ring upon installation.

Thanks

John Marconi
VIN 3760

<*> Your email settings: