[DML] "cutting edge technology" & Bill

content22207 wrote:Two come immediately to mind:

> - Transverse engine front wheel drive

Invented in 1911 and gained recognitoin in the Mini, first produced in
1959. Hardly "cutting edge by 1981, and I asked you to name a car
considered cutting edge then, and still respected now.

> General consensus on the List seems to be that DMC cleverly repackaged off the shelf components into an "affordable" amalgam. Please.... If the car had really been so clever or even affordable, DMC might have actually managed to sell a few more of them.

No, we're saying the car was well engineered and cleverly designed, even
if it did use off-the shelf parts. You are digressing into your own
little arena, as usual.
> But it truly is an overpriced plastic POS.
Get a life, Bill.

"Plastic" is a property, not a material, but usually used when meaning
"polymer". The car's structure is a combination of a steel chassis, a
fibreglass composite body (NB NOT a member of the polymer family), and
stainless steel skin. If it were a POS, why are such a large proportion
of them still being reliably driven and enjoyed 28 years after they were
built?

Martin

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional