[DML] Re: windshield replacement

Ther is no "How-To" that I know of. It is a simple procedure, you remove the broken glass as carefully as you can without lacerating yourself and getting red goo all over the place. Use eye protection and heavy leather gloves. Vacuum up all of the slivers. You could use some duct tape to hold the mess together so you can remove it in one big lump as you try to roll it up. Blankets and towels can catch the majority of the pieces. Use a razor blade to remove the black sealant being careful not to cut into the fiberglass. You can talk to your glass man for any other details. They will probably finish your prep job so you don't have to be perfect.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "bigjimrules2000" <jre1@...> wrote:

> Are there any how-to's, tips, things to watch out for, or any other guidance available to remove your broken windshield yourself?  Things you should inspect/refurbish/replace under/around the windshield frame before the new glass goes in, etc. ??
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Hervey" <john@> wrote:
> >
> > David and Group,
> > I talked to a man in Great Britain last week about selling windshields over
> > here. We had a nice talk and he was going to get back to me about stocking
> > them. But like so many suppliers if you don't talk large quantity they sound

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)