RE: [DML] Mirror switch

Nick:

The motorized innards of the mirror use nylon gears to drive the mirror
around.  It's not particularly good for the gears but you can give the
mirror a good push and pop it one gear at a time closer to a better
position.  The amount of movement between said pops is quite a bit, so
the odds of hitting a perfect mark are low, but you may be able to get
it drivable.  There are a few options for wide angle mirrors that go
over your existing glass  - they will help a bit too for this specific
problem but more importantly you want these wider angle mirrors all the
time period.

Driving the D is a lesson in defensive driving and quick lane changes to
avoid the guy who didn't see you.  The better your mirrors and the
louder your horn the better off you will be.

I know this doesn't address the specific problem you asked about,  so
for a diagram of the wire locations on the mirror - look here:

http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/reference-materials.html
one third of the way down on the right.

If the problem is not the switch, you can remove the top door panel and
get to the 4 pin plug where the mirror plugs into the car.  These 4
wires run to two motors in the mirror.  I can't tell you the pairing,
but you can confidently hook yo + and - 12vdc to pairs of these pins one
at a time until the mirror goes where you want - you cant damage
anything by hooking up the wires "wrong" - it either moves, or not.  If
it moves but goes the wrong way, reverse the + and -,  If it doesn't
move, keep trying combinations.

If the mirrors don't adjust electrically this way, you can remove the
mirror assembly, break out the glass, and try to clean up the motors and
gears.  If you can get them working, they probably won't work for long
so get them where you want them and leave it.  You can then put on new
mirror glass from DMC, or the aforementioned (and far superior I'll say
again) convex mirrors available from Tom in Poland, Ed Uding in Holland,
or online.

If you insist on keeping flat mirrors - please go here to see how to
adjust them for best effect... (Drivers Ed class was wrong)

http://www.linquist.net/motorsports/tech/mirrors/

Get those mirrors adjusted and get driving!

Tom