From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of content22207
Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2009 10:59 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Angle Driveless Speedometer

And as I said on DMCTalk, the only cable driven speedo alternative
(since we don't have a takeoff in our transmissions) is an angled set of
gears, which is what started my predicament in the first place.

I never said that my angle driveless cable was optimal, only that it is
doable. I definitely find it preferable to a tach xRef chart.

This is not a permanent modification. I have no intention of leaving it
in place forever. When I am able to afford a proper angle drive (that
hopefully won't fail soon after installation), everything is still in
place to hook it right up. Until then, I at least know with 90% accuracy
how fast I'm driving and how far I've gone. That's more information than
a broken angle drive was providing.

Faced with a $5 ($15) cable or a tach xRef chart, I chose the former,
though my xRef chart is still in the glove compartment....

Bill Robertson

Martin Gutkowski <martin@...> wrote:

> As I said on DMC Talk, the fact that the cable now goes through the
> front spring is not great engineering.
>
> Martin

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional