Re: [DML] Angle Driveless Speedometer

I can understand your frustration with the angle drive but I don't understand your problem with the RPM-MPH chart. I agree it is not convienient but it is more accurate than your mod. It sounds like a clever, temporary fix. As for the inaccuracy, that can be corrected by having the speedometer recalibrated. The "standard" is 1,000 revolutions per minute=60MPH. That's not RPM's of the wheel, it is of the cable going to the speedometer. The angle drive is changing the ratio so the tire's rotation will cause the cable to rotate at that rate. You can also buy a gearset that can change the ratio but I would suspect that would cost more than an angle drive! Being more than 5% off is bad. The odometer is not going to accumulate mileage correctly and your speed is way off, off enough to get you a ticket if it is reading slow. You can always use a GPS to measure your speed now too!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:

> Can't happen -- the tire will hit the top of the wheel well before the spring ever gets even remotely close to 1/4" compression between the coils.
>
> Bill Robertson
>
> >--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Farrar Hudkins <fhudkins@> wrote:
> >
> > If the front spring ever compresses enough to damage the cable shroud,
> > you've got bigger problems than a busted speedo! :-O
> >
> > Farrar Hudkins

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: