[DML] Complete suspension overhaul - any references?

[DML] Complete suspension overhaul - any references?

Hey Group,

Though I am a moderator on the DML, I have been somewhat dormant the last
year or so in the DeLorean world because I just haven't had a lot of time for
it.  But this spring I plan to begin the next phase of my restoration  process
- refurbishing the suspension.

My '82 has a black-coated frame and suspension, which is probably hiding
some rust.  There are areas where the steel edges are slightly perforated  or
bent.  It also has that nasty rubber coating on everything and I'd  rather it be
painted gray, or better yet powdercoated gray or black!  I  want to take care
of this stuff before it gets to be beyond repair and I have to  actually buy
all new stuff.

I have plenty of experience in rebuilding the brakes, replacing  bushings,
shocks, etc.  But what is the best method of making the trailing  arms, upper
and lower links, and other large parts 'like new'?  Is there a  place I can send
all this stuff to and they will refurbish and it and powdercoat  it or
something?  I am mostly concerned with sending it somewhere that  knows what they
are doing and they can check for warpage, add  reinforcement if needed, weld it
if needed, etc.  I don't want to get  the parts back and find I have bad
alignment because something didn't get put  back to spec.  Or find that bushing
don't fit or whatever because they  filled it in too thick with paint.

What is usually done about this?  I bet a vendor can tell me...

Andy
**************Check all of your email inboxes from anywhere on the web.  Try
the new Email Toolbar now!
(http://toolbar.aol.com/mail/download.html?ncid=txtlnkusdown00000027)