[DML] Re: angle drive

Something I noticed that no one has mentioned (I didn't see it anyway) is the importance of checking the lubrication on the lower speedometer cable. Earlier OEM cables were a bit too long and could cause speedometer fluctuation when the car front suspension worked a lot. Also, the longer cable had a loop that could catch moisture - it is right by the front wheel. In my experience, the moisture caused more problems than the angle drive. When the cable goes dry it drags and eventually fails IF it doesn't take the angle drive out first.

Adequate lubrication of the angle drive and the lower cable usually results in NO problems.

There is a shorter replacement cable that is less prone to catch moisture and does remove 99% of speedometer fluctuations.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "andy" <andydandy777@...> wrote:

> I am Andy Blackmon the owner of 03513. I have owned this car since 1982. The car has 31,000 miles on it and has had 4 angle drives. The one on it now is working fine but I do not trust it. If John or anyone can make a better angle drive or one that may be better (cant be worse) I will buy one and keep it in my glove box just as a back up. Oh, by the way after changing 4 angle drives i am very good at it, but would like to never do it again.
>
> Andy Blackmon 03513

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: