From: "andy" <andydandy777@xxxxxxx>

Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 01:26:51
To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DML] angle drive

To answer the questions about the 4 angle drives in 31,000 miles. #1 I bought the car from the first owner with less than 10,000 miles on it, the first angle drive went out the first week of ownership, in those days we did not have the vendors and help we do now. However Delorean one was there and i ordered a new drive. #2 was after the car set up for almost 6 years on the first drive it popped. #3 last year my wife and i attended the show in Gettysburg and all went well except on the way home we stopped to eat and upon starting out again the angle drive was broken. # 1 came on the car #2 came from Delorean One #3 came from DMCH and #4 came from John at Special T. They all just quit working, no bumps no sharp turns they just broke. No broken speedometer cables just the angle drive. Each time I replace the drive unit I replaced the lower cable. The angle drive on my car now was lubed with the product John said to use and the new cable was lubed also--so far so good. I have put over $45,000 into rebuilding this car and i would trust it to go around the world but I will always keep a spare angle drive in it.

Andy Blackmon
03513 Birmingham al

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional