Re: [DML] Re: Bar's Leak or No Bar's Leak?

Thanks to all. I will leave it out.  Rod 10921

--- On Thu, 2/26/09, David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DML] Re: Bar's Leak or No Bar's Leak?
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 6:17 AM

Do NOT add it as a preventitive. If your radiator is old it will be
near plugged up with corrosion. The Bars will seal the smallest
openings including the semi-plugged up radiator (and heater core!).
Bars is a temporary solution anyway. If you do have tiny leaks the
additives in fresh anti-freeze wil take are of them. Larger ones
really need to be fixed. Bars Stop Leak is one of the best additives
for leaks but it is still no substitute for repair.
David Teitelbaum

--- In dmcnews@yahoogroups .com, Rod Dillman <rhdillman@. ..> wrote:

> I had my DeLorean's antifreeze flushed and changed recently at a
garage that has kept my family cars going for over 30 years. I was
advised that they always add a can of Bar's Leak after any radiator
flush. I advised them not to put in a can, although I have never had
reason to doubt their judgement and competence over the years. I have
always been pleased with their repairs and service. They said the
Bar's Leak will do no harm and will plug any pin hole leak or loose
clamp leak that may develop. Should I add a can for this "insurance"
or leave well enough alone and not add it. Thanks, Rod 10921

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)