[DML] Upgrade Parts/Jack Plates

I am always amazed when new and improved parts come out for our 25+ year old orphan. Stainless frames, brass radiators, low amp fans, silicone hoses, stainless and cleanable oil filters, and the list goes on and on. Some of the upgrades can be used on other cars but most are DeLorean specific. Now comes new stainless jack plates from DMC Texas , the origional ones were not stainless. I remember losing a jack plate several years ago and not being able to find the part listed in the parts manual. I saw a piece of a DeLorean shell on Ebay and the seller verified that there were two jack plates left on it. I bought the shell, had the seller remove the plates and send them to me, and I told him to relist the partial shell or put it in his dumpster. The plates were not in good condition but I was pleased to get them in any condition. My guess is that if you use the jack with a missing jack plate serious damage could be done to the bottom of the shell. I
 now have 4 of the new plates and they are impressive. I intend to remove the 4 rusted and scrapped ones and replace them with the new upgraded ones. It is impressive to me for part so obscure that it is not listed in the parts manual (or at least I haven't found it) to be reproduced over 26 years after the last car left the assembly line. Owning a DeLorean is special and our vendors make ownership so much easier for us. This online group also is a real asset for owners. Rod 10921

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)