RE: SPAM-LOW: [DML] Door won't unlock / open. How to fix?

RE: SPAM-LOW: [DML] Door won't unlock / open. How to fix?

David,

You probably accidentally kinked the release cable when removing it from the
old handle. This happens when you try to remove the cable from the handle
without first releasing the other end from the bell-crank lever. This makes
it easier to release the cable from the handle without kinking it. This is a
very common mistake so don?t feel too bad! The solution is to remove the
handle again and either straighten the cable core or replace the cable
assembly with the other side temporarily disconnected and taking extra care
not to kink it again. It is not an expensive part and so replacement is my
fix of choice. We, and most DMCH venders, usually stock this part (#101422).

Rob Grady,

P.J.Grady Inc.

   _____