[DML] Re: DeLorean Magazines

I have owned a DeLorean continuously since 1982 (on my second - traded in my first -
long story).  Between the two I have logged over 200,000 miles.  And, yes, I am an old fart
(75).  That said. here's my personal take on the magazine issue.

I own every issue of the DeLorean World.  I own every issue of Gullwing, DeLoreans, and
DCS.  I would certainly like to see the continuation of a "hard copy" magazine.  Now, you'll
notice I did not include"DW".  When it came out it, in my opinion, reflected an attitude and
lifestyle that seemed a bit more "uppity" for my personal taste.

I am well aware that the electronic age has greatly changed the way information is
disseminated.  I am also aware that I can print an electronic magazine.  But, you know,
there is just something missing in an unbound stack of papers with fine photos that are
not printed on slick, glossy paper.  During the long winter months here in the mountains
of Colorado, I peruse those magazines frequently.  I find that, in addition to being treasure
trove of technical information,  they bring back  fond memories of past DeLorean
experiences in a way no computer screen ever can!  The tactile experience will never be
duplicated by a keyboard.

One of the mystiques of the DeLorean is its perceived rarity (due as much to the fact that
so few are truly driven as to the fact that less than 10,000 were made).  That same
mystique applies to magazines that are not available on news stands.

I'm probably whistling in the dark, but I'd sure like to see one magazine continue!

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional