To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: jpalatinus@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 08:35:24 +0000
Subject: [DML] High idle post tune up

            So on the way the gettysburg, my automatic (~10k miles) was running great with a full tank

of gas, but when it got below 3/4 she would start to buck.  At the show I replaced the pickup

hose which had a small tear in it, but that didn't solve the problem.  I just got around to

replacing the fuel pump and a major service kit including:

Emptied tank

Plugs

wires

fuel filter

fuel pump +screen

distributor cap and rotor

Air filter

(haven't done O2 sensor yet.

Anyway She used to idle right below 1000rpm.  Now she runs fine, but is idling so high

(2500rpm) I thought something might be pulling the throttle. (nothing is)  I imagine that I

disconnected some minute hose or some wire that is of critical importance to keeping a low

idle.  Any ideas on what I screwed up?  Or better yet how to fix it?

THanks

Joe P.

6808

<*> Your email settings: