[DML] Re: Any updated Tow Dolly recommendations?

[DML] Re: Any updated Tow Dolly recommendations?

One OTHER important thing....Some states WILL NOT let you use a tow
dolly on their Highways one known one is the New Jersey Turnpike I am
sure there are other major highways that do not allow use of tow
Dollies on their highways,I was coming from Florida to
Connecticut,When I found out the hard way....I Had to go through NJ
through street level roads throughout the length of NJ...Since again
NJ turnpike does NOT allow dollies to be used on the NJ pike...I was
Forced to use street level roads,which in reality made it more
Dangerous,since there were like hundreds of turns and bumps and stop
and go,tight streets, and wrong streets,wrong turns etc.(like it was
said no backups)Something to think about when you do a cross country
trip with a Tow Dolly.
Always use a car trailer for long distance,my one and only time using
a tow dolly long distance...never again...the next time was with a
NICE Aluminum Car trailer...no problems at all anywhere!!!

 --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@...>
wrote:

> A tow dolly can be used with the following caveats:
> You cannot back up, don't even try
> You MUST have collison on the towed vehicle
> You are suppoposed to have recovery lights on the towed vehicle
> It is not as safe as a full length trailer, ie, someone could hit
the
> car in traffic.
> If it is an automatic you have to remove the half-shafts
> You must have GOOD rear tires on the towed vehicle
> Turns must be taken wide or you might hit the front fenders
> You must excercise care when loading and unloading especially if the
> car was lowered.
> In many States you are required to have the tow dolly plated.
> I have towed a Delorean with a tow dolly, it can be done but I do
not
> recomend it for long trips (but it can be done).
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional