[DML] Re:Shifting Problems With Automatic

[DML] Re:Shifting Problems With Automatic

Off the top of my head it sounds like you have some bad solder joints in the Automatic Transmission Computer Governor. When the Tranny heats up the joints may expand and result in a secure connection. Do you only have problems when the car is cold?

Either way, 9 out of 10 times the fault of bad shifting in Automatic transmissions is the computer governor. This has been discussed at some length in the archives on this list and there is also a plethora of information on the topic over at www.dmcnews.com You can find discussions regarding how to troubleshoot your problem and also diagnose what is really faulty. Don't know if you have already posted there or not, but if not I can send you some links to some pertinent threads. I've done a lot of work on the governor so I feel your pain.

First thing to do would be to make sure it's not the tranny but the governor. From there you can either buy a replacement from a vendor or you can attempt to do some repair work yourself. If you are reasonably mechanically and technically inclined then doing work on the circuit yourself with the help of those on this list and over at www.dmcnews.com is not too difficult a prospect.

-Kevin
VIN 2234

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional