[DML] Re: TESTING THE FUEL ACCUMULATOR

There really isn't anywhere else safe to vent it. Other than to run
another line all the way back to the tank.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mike clemens <rmclemns@...> wrote:

> Okay, I agree you a 100% on what you said concerning the extra hose
(small end of the accumulator).  I found a Bosch web site and found
that the small end is actually supposed to be vented to the
atmosphere, not attached to a return fuel line.  To be sure, I cut
one of the bad ones I had in half.  To actually see what was inside
was very interesting.  (pictures available for anyone who wants to
see the parts)

> Now, this raises another question:  If the small end is supposed to
be vented to the atmosphere, are we not damaging the bladder inside
the accumulator by having fuel present on both sides (the return line
from the engine is just a simple "T" fitting and it is attached
directly to the small end, with no way to block off unwanted fuel).

> I fully understand that if the bladder fails, you don't want to pee
fuel all over the underside of the car, but shouldn't that excess
fuel go somewhere besides an open fuel line, which is connected to a
semi-pressurized fuel tank??

> Mike   TPS   1630

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional