Re: [DML] Minor electrical issues(headlight and Interior)

Re: [DML] Minor electrical issues(headlight and Interior)

I wouldn't get hung up on the body panels. It's really not that bad.

Here are the main ones that bear cleaning and re-assembly:

1. Battery ground cable to passenger side trailing arm bolt (don't
forget to remove the lock nut on the back side first!

2. Bulkhead ground feed-through, accessed from inside the rear
vertical panel and outside under the coil cover. Do the "hot"
connection feed through at the same time.While your at it clean
and/or replace all the fuses and relays.

3. Bulkhead to frame ground, just below the coolant header bottle

4. Engine Ground Strap around passenger side motor mount

5. Front frame at the frame end of both upper radiator supports

6. Just to the right of the radio on the center panel. You have to
remove the console to see this one.

It's good to clean the hot wires to the starter and alternator, as
well as all the feed-through plugs on the bulkhead. Also get the
plugs on the steering column.

Pull the front grille off and clean the parking light connectors
hidden back there. Same with the fixtures/bulbs.

Clean and tighten connections on the tail light boards and license
plate lights.

It's not a bad idea to unplug and reconnect every connector you find,
and clean/tighten the contacts a bit. You'll be amazed at how much
better everything works, and how much brighter all your lights are.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, deloreanernst@... wrote:

> In a message dated 10/16/2008 10:54:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> jtrealty@... writes:
>
> there is  no
> comprehensive listing or pictorial that would guide anyone for all
of
> the grounding. It would be a big job but it would be helpful if
such  a
> thing existed.>>
>
> Between the electrical Schematic and the Parts Manual electrical
component
> diagrams, a pretty comprehensive list could be compiled, but it
would number in
>  the dozens. I assume every body panel has a ground wire, or
grounding point,
> for  instance. And as is usually the case, there are probably a few
(or more
> than a  few,) undocumented ones.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional