From: cruznmd <racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DML] How to sell a DeLorean
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 3:13 PM

I mostly agree with this statement. You can always "give" the car
away without difficulty. Getting what it's really worth may take a
bit of work.

I've considered selling mine recently. I'm not in any kind of dire
financial straits so I wouldn't let it go for less than I feel it's
worth, the market be damned. If I don't get my price, oh well.

We as a community kind of dig our own hole as far as the car's worth
is concerned. People keep selling "pristine, low mileage" cars that
have been stored forever and don't run for too little money. If we
feel that the cars are truly valuable, then we need to quit giving
them away on eBay and make people pay for them.

Not that I enjoy invoking Claude's name, but I believe he has a
spreadsheet that tracks all eBay sales of DeLoreans over a
considerable span of time. Maybe he'll share it and you can see the
trend.

Rich A.

--- In dmcnews@yahoogroups .com, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@. ..> wrote:

> I have only ever sold one DeLorean, but I have looked at plenty for
sale (mostly for other people).

> Your sales method depends a lot on your goals. If you are looking
for a quick sale, E-Bay is the way to go. Take lots of photos, and
include a few of the frame (most people don't do this). You will
probably get a reasonable amount of money for the car. More, if you
are willing to export (the weak US dollar makes it cheap to export
American cars).

> On the other hand, if you are in no rush and want to get what you
think the car is worth, you can list it in various classified
advertisements both in print and electronic. It may take weeks or
even months (in this bad economy) to find a buyer willing to pay, but
in most cases if your asking price is not unreasonable you will get
it. You may also want to see if your vendor knows of anyone looking
to buy.

> --- On Tue, 10/7/08, John Slupski <jslupski@.. .> wrote:
>
> > Any thoughts/experience s on the best way to sell a D -
> > Ebay, DeLorean
> > web sites, this mailing list? Thanks for your help with
> > what is truly
> > a sad day for me.
> /

<*> Your email settings: