[DML] Re: Fuel Pump

Even if you could get it to run in reverse and "unstick" the problem,
if it is getting full voltage and it doesn't want to run, it is not a
good, dependable part. It is a mechanical part that does wear out over
time. Figure on ordering one from your favorite Delorean vendor.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jason Rowe" <jonnier@...> wrote:

>        Well, I tried jumping the fuel pump and not much luck. It did
a fraction of a turn and stops.
> It will not keep spinning. I tried it forward and reverse with the
same outcome each time. I can't
> imagine something that large being lodged inside ( I cleaned my tank
last winter) but you never
> know. It sounds to me like I'll be investing in a new pump sometime
soon. Thanks to all for the
> input and advice.
>                                                          Jason #5903

Behalf Of
>   Jason Rowe
>   Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2008 5:16 PM
>   To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   Subject: [DML] Fuel Pump
>
>   Hi All,
>   It's been a while since I've posted but still lurk. Anyway, my
>   fuel pump seems to have died on
>   me while pulling out of my driveway today. I believe I've checked
everything
>   that I can that has to
>   do with the fuel system but I want to make sure before I break
down and get
>   another fuel pump.
>   1.I've replaced the RPM relay with a new one I had
>   2. Tried jumping the RPM and no sound or fuel ( I disconnected the
line from
>   the filter/distributor
>   to see if anything is coming out)
>   3. Checked the fuse
>   4. Checked the inertia switch (have the updated one, made sure it
wasn't
>   out)
>
>   So far everything seems fine but not working still. Is there
anything else
>   I should do/check?
>
>   any input would be appreciated. Thanks in
advance...................Jason

>   [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>   ------------------------------------
>
>   To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
>   moderators@...
>
>   For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see
www.dmcnews.com

>   To search the archives or view files, log in at
>   http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnewsYahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: