Re: [DML] Angle Drives?

It was me, $299 including shipping. That can probably come down a bit
now the exchange rate has gone in your favour, but as I'm sure you'll
appreciate, they're not cheap to make, and there's no quantity discount.
I have them made to order with a wait of approx 1 week (2 to be on the
safe side).

The crucial design changes are:

1) They're completely sealed to the stub axle so unless you don't screw
the lower cable in properly, there should be no contamination ingress.
2) They are user-dismantlable for cleaning and re-lubrication
3) On top of my PC monitor here as I write this, I have a pack of 5
spare stub axle cables and press collets, ready to supply at nominal
cost to anyone who manages to break theirs (which can happen with
problems elsewhere in the system, of course.

I stopped advertising them on ebay when Houston started shipping out
their new batch of drives... but it appears they were only fulfilling
very old back-orders.

Martin

Robert Moseley wrote:

>There was someone in the UK selling a custom made angle drive on eBay
>for something like $200 each.
>I was wondering if anyone had bought one and how it was working?
>
>I wish Rob or DMC would get a solution for these.
>I talked to one DeLorean owner yesterday who claims they went
>through 8, yes 8 of the DMCH reproduction drives!!!
>I know I went through 4 myself.
>My cables spin just fine....but the drives break.
>
>I haven't had a working speedo in a long time.
>I have been using a GPS for a speedo all this time.
>Thanks.,
>- Videobob
>VIN#5278

<*> Your email settings: