[DML] Re: fuel tank

While you are doing that also make sure the vacuum hoses are OK and,
connected properly. It is also VERY important to make sure the "U"
shaped vent hose is not kinked. In fact there is an ST bulletin on it.
More common for the wiring for the heating element inside the WUR (aka
CPR) to burn.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "welmoedj" <joe.dalton@...> wrote:

> Fred and Tom:
>
> Last weekend Tom and I discussed another part to clean: the filter
> inside the WUR.
> It's about a cent's size, but once dirty it can cause al kinds of
> problems.
> Why not clean it, while you're cleaning all other parts?
>
> Welmoed.
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tom Tait" <TTait@> wrote:
> >
> > Fred:
> >

> > Depending on what you are up to, and if the car has been sitting for
> > some time, you may want to do more than just clean the pump.
> Follwing
> > is a procedure I have done twice to flush the fuel lines as well.
> It
> > may be helpful.
> >

> > I think I posted it a long time back, but it feels easier to write
> it
> > out than find it in some odd way...
> >

> > I'll assume you have already pulled the pump, baffle assembly and
> fuel
> > level sender and cleaned the inside of the tank to within an inch
> of its
> > life.  If you need instructions on that part, let me know.
> >

> > To flush the fuel system, first go to the fuel distributor.  You
> will
> > find the fuel supply and return lines there, they are much larger
> banjo
> > bolts than the others, lots of diagrams, let me know if you don't
> have
> > one.
> >

> > Remove the hollow bolts holding these two lines to the fuel
> distributor,
> > be careful not to drop the copper washers.
> >

> > Then you need to connect these two lines together.  To do this get a
> > smaller bolt and some washers, copper washers help here too. The
> bolt
> > should be several sizes smaller than the hollow bolts that held the
> > banjos in place.
> >

> > Place a large/fender washer on the end of the bolt, then a copper
> > washer, then the first banjo fitting, lets say for the fuel supply
> line,
> > another copper washer, the second banjo, another copper washer, a
> steel
> > washer and then the nut. Make sure all the washers are well aligned
> as
> > you tighten the nut up.  This fitting is going to leak a bit, so
> put a
> > catchbasin on top of the fuel distributor and get this bolted up
> joint
> > over it to catch the drips.
> >

> > Now go to your local auto parts store where there is a intelligent
> and
> > helpful guy, as he needs to find you a cheap, low pressure electric
> fuel
> > pump.  The 16 year old kid will just repeatedly ask you what make
> and
> > model, and maybe eventually bring you an $80 fuel pump - the guy who
> [...]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)