RE: [DML] Re: fuel tank

Good overview of the job. I would only add that you should make sure the rubber gloves you use are nitrile and not latex. Latex will disintegrate in short order in contact wth gasoline leaving you with gasoline soaked hands and the pieces of latex to get out of the tank.Joe Kuchan

To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 02:52:14 +0000Subject: [DML] Re: fuel tank

Remove the semi-circular cover under the spare tireUnplug the power to the fuel pumpLoosen the clamp holding the fuel pump and rubber boots.Lift the fuel pump out enough to loosen the hose clamp on the fuelpump securing the pick-up hose to the pump inletUnclip the return hose from the baffle assembly Lift the fuel pump out of the tank and set it asideSiphon all of the fuel outWhat is left can be removed with a fuel extractor or ragsWipe the bottom out. Use Acetone to loosen any sludge or varnishdeposits. Get all of any shiny metal out that you see. If you removethe sending unit too it makes it easier to clean the whole tank outand see what you are doing.Use all of the necessary safety precautions for handling fuel including:No smokingRubber glovesEye protectionAdequate ventilationProper containers to hold the gas removed from the tankNearby fire extingusherReplace any parts that are deteriorated inside the tankReplace the fuel filter by the left rear wheel after you do the tank.Filter the fuel before returning it to the tank.David Teitelbaumvin 10757--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Fred Phaup <fwphaup@...> wrote:>> Hi Group> > I need to drain and clean my fuel tank. Any tricks to help? Or do Ihave to open and pull the pump?> > Thanks for your input.> > Fred> vin 1765> > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)