[DML] Re: Exhaust system, engine rattle and port for emission testing

[DML] Re: Exhaust system, engine rattle and port for emission testing

David

Thanks much for pointing me to this in the shop manual..."exhaust
blanking plugs"...hmmm....who thought up THAT name.

Yep, threads were OK, got a plug from Rob G and put it in as
directed...now that I know there is one on the OTHER side, will keep
that in mind.

Joe B.
OUTTATYM
2957

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@...>
wrote:

> Rather unusual bit not impossible as you have found out. There are
> actually 2 of those ports, one for each bank of 3 cylinders. The
> origional is not exactly a standard bolt but one should fit. As for
> finding it in the manual try the Parts Manual section 1-5-0 #'s 13 &
> 14 x2 part # 108245 and 108246. It is also refered to in the
Workshop
> Manual D:04:01 para 3, #13 & #22.
>  Leaks and noises can be very frustrating to find. The techniques
you
> used don't always work until it is so loud and obvious that it is
easy
> to find. Even for experienced mechanics there is always a new noise
> find! Imagine how much harder it is for us to try to help when we
can
> only go by a description! In the end persistance usually helps. The
> best thing to do would be to order the correct hardware from one of
> the vendors with the gaskets, run a tap into the threads to make
sure
> they are in good shape, and then put the parts in with some Never
> Seize. It's funny though, if you wanted to remove the plug it never
> wants to come loose but in this case it fell off!!!!!!
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757
[moderator snip]

<*> Your email settings: