[DML] DCS09Prelude

None of the DCS 09 Prelude activities interfere with any of the DCS
events.   All DCS 09 Prelude activities are Sunday through Wednesday
and some may also possibly occur on the Sunday through Thursday
following the show.

The intent of DCS 09 Prelude is to make the expensive trip to Las Vegas
more cost effective by making the event last longer and add
entertainment and vacation to the show.   The DCS 09 Prelude events are
also scheduled during the lower cost days of the week, again to make
attending the show more cost effective.

As Ken has pointed out, the Palace Station is the hotel of choice
during DCS09.  It is more convenient for attending the show to stay at
the Palace Station.  Also, staying at the Palace Station during the
show gets more discounts for convention rooms.

However, Ken lost 1/3 of his preregistrants to DCS08 due to the high
cost of gasoline.   This situation is unlikely to change in 2009. (Gas
prices will get lower just before the election like they did in 2004
and the go back up again after the electron, just like they did in
2004.)

Hopefully, people will chose to combine a vacation with DCS09 due to
the DCS09Prelude events.   This may make it possible for more people to
attend the show.   Hopefully, these events will also convince some
wives and girl friends to let their husband and boyfriend come to Las
Vegas.

I can tell you from my experience that 1/3 of all wives forbid their
husband from going to LV.  We don't need this resistance for DCS09.

The Prelude activities are directed at those people who have in the
past chosen not to come to Las Vegas because at it is - "gambling and
hookers."   Las Vegas is so much more fun and we are particularly
selecting events that
women and wives will find interesting.

We will be updating the website soon with some "coordinated" events.
All of our car friends in LV have contacted their local car clubs about
DCS 09 and many are willing to help with the DCS09Prelude events.

Finally, if DCS09Prelude events get more people to come to LV, maybe we
will get more cars!!

Bob

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional