[DML] Re: Fuel tank baffle

Well let's see I would consider empty to be the "incorrect" amount of
gas... Even the stock baffle will have the same problem as John's
just not as soon... It's called "running on empty" and if you don't
consider that an incorrect amount of gas to keep in the tank have fun
getting towed while rocking out to it my friend.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683@...> wrote:

> There is no "correct" amount of gas level in the tank unless you
are
> not using the stock set-up then you need to run around with a
reserve
> of fuel that you cant even burn unless you want to have the fuel
pump
> suck up air. Seems like a stupid idea to have a full tank of gas
but
> only can use 3/4 or a little more of it and then have problems
with
> sucking up air.
>
> When I had my Delorean I could drive it with the low fuel light
on,
> buy what you said that could never happen for you since you would
be
> below the "correct" level of fuel.
>
> Man that is funny "if you keep the "correct" amount of gas in the
tank"

> Mark V
>

> On Aug 18, 2008, at 1:35 PM, jack_landrum_3rd wrote:
>
> > When you get to that point you should have filled up miles ago...
> > I guess my point is the position of the baffle shouldn't matter
at all
> > if you keep the "correct" amount of gas in the tank.
> > One question about something I've noticed in this post and on
DMCTALK
> > is the return line feeding into the baffle... Does that really
matter
> > at all?  The only slight advantage I could see is the fuel being
> > slightly warmer coming straight back form the CV... I don't see
why an
> > extra line feeding the baffle on the original set up was worth
adding
> > or keeping?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional