RE: [DML] VIN #11777

Hey Carl,

I have seen a few cars where the grey is darker than mine so there is some
definite variation in the tones of grey plus the carpet types across the
build years.

I wonder if top part of your body tub is of an earlier type (hence the
missing compartment door for the tools).  Does the fibreglass have the
smooth (later cars) or textured effect (found normally only on the very
early cars) that can be seen through the glass on either side of the
louvers?

Immaculate NCT's are great for concourse but I wouldn't recommend regular
driving on 26 year old rubber as the compound won't be what it was even if
it looks new.

QC means Quality Control so perhaps the welds highlighted were marked for
further attention.  If the door had too many flaws to put right it may have
been the reason for scrap being written on it.  By the sound of it the welds
were dealt with and then the words were simply just not removed.

Some early cars were moved to the side and then re-worked a long time later
which is why sometimes you'll find a later VIN with some typically earlier
features on it.

>From memory the bezel was fitted once the car reached the States so it looks
very likely that your car never left the UK.

Regards,

Chris Hawes

DOC 138

Vin 5255