[DML] Cold Stat valve repair tip

Wayne & Group,
I get asked all the time if I need to replace the cold start valve
( CSV ) and on every question I say no:
Here is what you do to check to see if it's good and save the
$150.00 + dollars from us bad vendors.
Take a power supply of some kind and a with clip leads connect one
of the clip leads to the + Positive side of the power supply and the
other lead to the - negative side.
Now connect either clip lead to one of the terminals on the CSV and
with the other clip lead tap the other terminal of the CSV terminal.
( Do not clip the other lead to the other terminal of you will burn
out the CSV.) There is no polatrity so it doesn't matter which one
or which way. All you want to do is see if you get a small spark. If
you do get a spark then the CSV is good.
Now if you don't hear a click when you tap on the other terminal then
it's stuck. Put a eye dropper full of Berryman's B12 down inside
where the fuel goes and then start taping the terminal over and over
till you hear a click. When you start hearing the click it's fixed.
The voltage that operates the CSV comes from the auxiliary terminal
on the starter, passes thru the closed contacts of the TTS switch and
the CSV sprays fuel.
When the coolant gets to normal operating condition then the contacts
in the TTS switch open and no more voltage can go to the CSV.
Then if it doesn't start you will have a Hot Start problem.
John Hervey
www.specialtauto.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional