Re: [DML] Calling all Eastern DeLorean Owners and DOA Members!!!

Re: [DML] Calling all Eastern DeLorean Owners and DOA Members!!!

Kevin and others on the DML,

Last April I sent out over a hundred mailings to my members in PA as
well as to members in surrounding states, NY, NJ, DE, MD etc.
(including those DOA members who happen to also be members of the
DMA)now, much to YOUR DELIGHT I'm sure, I was the only car to show
up for the day's events, SO, to get the information out there
for 'ALL Eastern DeLorean Owners' and DOA Members I thought I would
post a 'save the date' message so Eastern DeLorean Owners (I
originally thought this would include all owners of other various
clubs, but my meaning of 'all' must differ from others'), regardless
of what group they belonged to could put it on their calendars
now... 9 months in advance.
I do not feel there is anything to apologize for, I simply posted a
message for a show this weekend and thought I would get people
thinking of events to come.  I do not believe anything wrong or
offensive was said, and thanks to Jake Kamphoefner (Sorry for not
mentioning your particular DeLorean group...) and 'posters' on
DMCTALK (one of those people happens to be a DMA member, and was
quite enthusiastic and didn't seem to find my post offensive) for
not seeing anything offensive by my post.
The Wednesday before last May's Carlisle, I called Rob Grady
directly to get some help with getting my Brake Master Cylinder
finished before the show, and he asked what show I was going to and
he said he was familiar with the Carlisle shows; he also mentioned
that he 'would try to get a hold of some DMA members to see if they
would get a group to go' AND when he said that, I was totally
excited that he would let the DMA know about the event... because
again, I didn't really care whose group people were a part of, I was
just hoping to get more than one car there.  And I thanked Rob for
that gesture... he didn't seem to care that I was a member of the
DOA.
So, when ever I've told the story of my 'Carlisle incident' I always
make reference to all the states that I sent mailings to, to give
people an idea of how many people I contacted to get them to the
show, so when I posted my Carlisle thing, I naturally wrote the
states I contacted last spring... sorry to owners in Virginia and
W.Virginia if I left you out, it was not intentional.

Finally, since I didn't realize I'd be fighting a battle over this
issue right now, and despite the fact that even for most weddings
people only get invitations 1 to 2 months ahead of time...

I, Mark Shearer: as Vice President of the DeLorean Owners
Association, and on behalf of the President, Ken Baker, the Board of
Directors and the members of the DeLorean Owners Association,
cordially invite the members of the DeLorean Mid-Atlantic Club, 9
months in advance, to join Chapter 2 of the DeLorean Owners
Association (and other groups/owners as well that do not fall under
these two specifically named groups) to the Carlisle Import-
Kit/Replicar Nationals on Saturday, May 16th, 2009.

Thank you 'all' for your time (sorry for not mentioning all the DML
members by name, please refer to the word 'all' to not feel
excluded).

Sincerely,

Mark Shearer

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Kevin Abato" <delorean@...> wrote:

> Sorry, I did not mean to make it sound that everyone is a DMA
member.

> I was implying that a very specific invite was presented, and the
DMA was not included (yet all of the states its members hail from
were specifically named)

> Mark is well aware of this, and it upsets me that the DMA was not
specifically invited.  See my other response to Ken Baker for more
details about "playing nice with everyone in the Delorean sandbox"

> Kevin Abato
> VIN# 16680
> www.grenexmedia.com

Members!!!

> Kevin, every DeLorean owner in the eastern part of the country is
a DMA member??  Wow, I knew you guys had a good club, but I wasn't
giving enough credit....

> Jake
>

> [moderator snip]

<*> Your email settings: