Re: [DML] Video Of Carbureted PRV Intake Manifold Removal

Re: [DML] Video Of Carbureted PRV Intake Manifold Removal

If access to the area under the intake manifold was required often
ease of acessability might be important. Since it is not, the only
factor is that it may cost a little more in time (labor) to have
someone redoe the gaskets, seals, hoses, and water pump every 10 years
or so. To change to a carburator just to improve access is not a good
enough reason to convert. I agree it can take some effort to get a
malfunctioning K-Jet system going right. IMHO it is probably easier to
fix the K-Jet than to go to a carburator. If the K-Jet is so bad and
you are absolutely convinced it has to go a better option would be to
convert to a full EMM like a Mega-Squirt. Hardly cost effective but it
makes more sense. With a full EMM you can have more performance AND
fuel economy.  BTW, how long DOES the catalytic converter last with
the carburator?
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@...> wrote:

> content22207 wrote:
>

> >The nomenclature *IS* curious -- K-Jet owners have a "Valley of
> >Death," I have an "intake valley."
> >

> I thought this was a DeLorean invention too, but was talking to a
friend
> who works on other Vee engines and referred to it. It's not something
> "we" made up...
>
> >Did you notice in the video that I do not have a metal pipe running
> >from the heater core back to the pump? Rubber hose will not rust or
> >corrode. Not trying to convince you of anything -- that's a simple
> >statement of fact.
> >

> You should not have a rubber hose resting on any surface if you can
> avoid it... and the valley is hardly smooth. You run the risk of it
> wearing through at some point. You will probably argue that you can
keep
> checking it on your easy-to-remove intake manifold. I would point out
> that with a hard pipe, you don't have to.
>
> Converting a standard DeLorean engine to carbs will give simplicity,
but
> is not suitable if running ca catalyst, will provide a small
performance
> iprovement, but also worse fuel economy...
>
> These are facts too
>
> Martin

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional